Rebecca Foote Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Second Language Acquisition and Teacher Education
Assistant Professor of Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese
Assistant Professor of Linguistics
SPANISH, ITALIAN & PORTUGUESE; Affiliated Faculty of Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- Address: Span, Ital & Port
707 S Mathews
Urbana, IL 61801
- Telephone: (217) 333-8244
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV: Download my C.V.
- Spring 2012: Fridays 11 - 1 and by appt.
Specializations / Research Interest(s)Second language acquisition, L2 psycholinguistics, Heritage language acquisition,
My research centers on psycholinguistic aspects of second language acquisition, including bilingual and multilingual language processing and production. I am interested primarily in the nature of morphological processing and production in the L2 and heritage learner. Recent publications have focused on the production and processing of person, number, and gender agreement morphology by L2 and heritage Spanish speakers.
- University of Illinois, Ph.D.
- Rice University, M.A.
- University of Houston, B.A.
- Foote, Rebecca. "Transfer in L3 acquisition: The role of typology." Third language acquisition and universal grammar. Multilingual Matters, 2009.
- Foote, Rebecca, and Kathryn Bock. "The role of morphology in subject-verb number agreement: A comparison of Mexican and Dominican Spanish." Language and Cogntivie Processes (2011): <http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01690965.2010.550166>.
- Foote, Rebecca. "Integrated knowledge of agreement in early and late English-Spanish bilinguals." Applied Psycholinguistics 32 (2011): 187-220.
- Foote, Rebecca. "Age of acquisition and proficiency as factors in language production: Agreement in bilinguals." Bilingualism: Language and Cognition 13.2 (2010): 99-118.
- Qasem, Mousa, and Rebecca Foote. "Crosslanguage lexical activation: A test of the Revised Hierarchical and morphological decomposition models in Arabic-English bilinguals." Studies in Second Language Acquisition 32.1 (2010): 111-140.